Church Leader Ma Suoping Injured and Killed by Chinese Communist Government

Ms. Ma Suoping (Spiritual Name: Youling), 40 years of age, was a resident of Shuangfengyan Village, Shuanghe Township, Xiangning County, Linfen City, Shanxi Province. In 1999, she joined The Church of Almighty God (CAG). Before she was murdered, she was one of the main leaders of The Church of Almighty God in mainland China.

At around 2 o’clock in the afternoon on July 17, 2009, more than 20 plain-clothed policemen holding police batons and clubs, along with police dogs burst into Mr. Liu’s home which was located in Luan County, Tangshan City, Hebei Province. Without showing any credentials, the police captured five Christians including Liu, Ma Suoping and Linlin. A male police officer in his 40s who was about 1.7m tall grabbed Ma Suoping by her hair and proudly said, “This is her! Even though she has makeup on, I can recognize her!” The police brought the five into the living room and forced them to crouch down. They used clothing and bedsheets to wrap their heads up, then brought their police dogs into the rooms to do a search. They confiscated Liu’s 120,000 RMB, 2 cases of books on believing in God, 4 laptops, 5 cell phones, 2 bags of clothing, a few boxes of health products, etc. Afterwards, the police took Ma Suoping and the other four Christians with their heads wrapped up and put them into separate cars. They took them to a military sub-district facility in Tangshan City in Hebei to interrogate them secretly.

According to Liu’s neighbor, the day that Ma Suoping was captured, the police dispatched approximately forty to fifty police cars and vehicles along with hundreds of policemen and SWAT police. Both sides of the street in front of Liu’s house were blockaded and SWAT police carrying guns were present up to over 60m from his front door.

According to inside sources, the police have known for a long time that Ma Suoping is one of the main leaders in The Church of Almighty God and even designated her as a “national leader.” She was already wanted on the Public Security Network in July 2008. The Public Security Bureau in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province had already attempted to capture Ma Suoping many times but had been unsuccessful. In 2009, through operations involving monitoring and tracking her cellphone, the police were able to 23 pinpoint Ma Suoping’s location to Tangshan. Afterwards, they carried out an operation to capture Ma Suoping. This operation was directly arranged by the National Ministry of Public Security, which mobilized police forces from Henan and Hebei as well as Tangshan City police to carry out a surprise arrest in Tangshan.

After Ma Suoping was captured, the other Christians that were captured along with her never saw her again nor did they know where she was taken. Nobody knows what kind of cruelties she had to endure before she died.

According to Linlin and Ms. Wang, both of whom were also captured, the police tortured them and tried to coerce them to confess just how much Church money Ma Suoping managed and where they were located. The torture that they went through included: having their hands shackled behind their backs and being violently dragged up, having their upper bodies and arms pricked with toothpicks, smashing their heads onto the floor etc. During this time, Linlin could not bear the torture and tried to smash herself into a wall to commit suicide. Her head bled a lot. However, the police continued to try to extort a confession from her. Linlin and Wang were only common believers in The Church of Almighty God yet they received such harsh treatment. One can only imagine what the Chinese Communist police did to Ma Suoping.

On July 22, Ma Suoping was killed by the police of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

On July 24, the police finally notified Ma Suoping’s family that Ma Suoping had already died. Her body was left in the morgue of Yellow River Central Hospital in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province. When Ma Suoping’s husband Mr. Song and the secretary of Shuangfengyan Village, Yang Jinzhu went to see her body, they discovered that it was covered with bruises and scars from beating. However, the police denied that they attacked her. They claimed that Ma Suoping was captured alone on July 21, transferred to Zhengzhou at 5 p.m. on July 22 and died suddenly of a heart attack at 6 p.m. They said that the scars and bruises on her body appeared after she died.

Ma Suoping’s husband Mr. Song was certain that his wife had been healthy all along and that she never had any problems with her heart. Consequently, he refused to accept the police’s explanation and requested that his wife’s body be returned to Shanxi. The director of Zhongyuan Public Security Sub-bureau in Zhengzhou City and two other people negotiated with Mr. Song many times with threats and intimidation. Finally, on July 26 in the afternoon, Mr. Song and his daughter brought Ma Suoping’s ashes back to Shanxi and buried them on July 29.