Christian Liu Jixia Dies From Extremely Hard Forced Labor

Liu Jixia, female, born on May 19, 1965, resident of Daiwan North Village, Daiwan Township, Linqing City, Liaocheng Prefecture, Shandong Province; honestly and kindly disposed, joined The Church of Almighty God (CAG) in 1999, later became a CAG church leader. In 2007, while preaching the gospel in Guan County, Liaocheng City, Shandong Province, Liu Jixia was arrested and sentenced by the police of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). During incarceration, Liu contracted nephritis. Not only was she denied medical treatment by the prison authorities, she was even forced to do high intensity labor. After she was released from prison, the police ransacked her home, causing her to live in constant fear. As a result, her medical conditions deteriorated into chronic renal failure. She died in August 2012 at the age of 42.

The following is the true story of Liu Jixia’s arrest and persecution to death by the CCP police:

On September 9, 2007, while preaching the gospel in Xiaoguozhuang Village, Beiguantao Town, Guan County, Liaocheng City, Shandong Province, Liu Jixia and another Christian were arrested by three plainclothes policemen. Without producing any official credentials, the police forcibly took the two persons to the Beiguantao Town Police Station in Guan County. They were taken into custody by the Guan County Public Security Bureau that day, and detained at the Guan County Detention Center.

According to insiders, the police interrogated Liu Jixia on where the books in faith had come from, who had instructed her to preach the gospel, how she had met the other Christian and where they had gathered. Nothing resulted from the interrogation.

A month later, Liu Jixia was sentenced by the police to eighteen months of reeducation through labor and a fine of 300 RMB on the charge of “sabotaging the enforcement of laws by utilizing cult organizations” and sent to the Ji’nan Women’s Labor Re-education Camp.

During incarceration, Liu Jixia was assigned to make toy horses. She was forced to work for 17 hours a day, even 20 hours when there was overtime. In addition, the prison food was very poor. It was mainly cornmeal, dried steamed roll, salted and dried radish, and salted cabbage most of the time. The long-term, high-intensity manual labor, coupled with malnutrition, caused Liu Jixia to develop nephritis (urine protein plus) shortly after entering the labor camp, but the prison guards still forced Liu Jixia to work in sickness.

According to Liu Jixia’s husband Chang, who said that when he visited his wife in 2008, he noticed that her face was yellowish and her body weakened. That was when he learned that Liu Jixia was sick, but she was denied treatment by the prison authorities. He also said that Liu Jixia was very healthy without any history of kidney disease before 68 incarceration. Rarely did she have colds or other health problems.

On February 9, 2009, when Liu Jixia was released from prison, her face was grayish. She was debilitated, emaciated and morbid.

On October 14 of the same year, Liu Jixia’s husband brought her to the Liaocheng Second People’s Hospital (now known as Huamei Hospital). Her diagnosis turned out to be nephritis and edema of the lower extremities. After staying on medication for a few months, Liu Jixia’s conditions were under control and her lower limbs were no longer swollen. During treatment, according to a Chinese medicine practitioner in Linxi County, Xingtai City, Hebei Province, Liu Jixia’s illness was caused by fatigue and excessive fright.

Until July and August of 2010, three policemen from the Daiwan Township Police Station in Linqing City burst into Liu Jixia’s home and forcibly ransacked the place without producing any credentials. At that time, only Liu’s daughter was at home. After seizing some books in faith, the police threatened Liu’s daughter to tell Liu that she had to report to the local police station when she got home.

Upon hearing the news, Liu Jixia was terrified, and her conditions worsened. She began to develop edema in the lower limbs and symptoms of palpitation, fatigue, chest tightness, shortness of breath and nausea, and she was unable to lie on her back. Her husband took her to several hospitals in succession, but her conditions still had not improved.

On July 18, 2011, Liu Jixia’s conditions continued to deteriorate. She was diagnosed with renal failure at the Second People’s Hospital of Liaocheng, but she did not respond to medical treatment. She was transferred to Weifang Nephrology Hospital where she stayed for 58 days. She underwent 2-3 hemodialysis every week in the hospital, but her conditions did not improve at all.

On August 20, 2012, Liu Jixia died in the Linqing First People’s Hospital.

It was understood that Liu Jixia’s family had spent a total of 150,000 RMB on treating her illness. After Liu’s death, her husband Chang was extremely stricken. To date, he still chokes up and loses his word at the mere mention of his wife’s death.