Chinese Name: 保护人权与宗教自由协会
English Name: Association for the Defense of Human Rights and Religious Freedom (ADHRRF)
The Association for the Defense of Human Rights and Religious Freedom (ADHRRF) is an independent, non-governmental and nonprofit organization, which has branches in Spain, Germany, and Australia and many volunteers in some other European countries. The ADHRRF aims to advocate, promote, and defend human rights and religious freedom.
Since the establishment, ADHRRF has been devoted to human rights and religious freedom, engaging itself in various activities such as making news reports, giving in-depth interviews, submitting reports to the United Nations, cooperating with human rights groups, and participating in various human rights and religious conferences. With all these efforts, ADHRRF has been focusing on exposing the truth of human rights violations and persecution of religious beliefs, and calling on the international communities to pay close attention to the current state of human rights and religious freedom around the world and make commitments to hold accountable the violators to promote the respect for and protection of human rights and religious freedom.
The aims of ADHRRF are as follows:
1. Defend and promote human rights in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of the United Nations (UDHR), and other international conventions.
2. Defend and promote each person’s right to freedom of religion in accordance with Article 18 of the UDHR, which provides that everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought and religion, and that the spiritual beliefs of others ought to be respected.
3. Defend and promote the right of all individuals, regardless of nationality or place of residence, to not be persecuted or discriminated against on the grounds of spiritual or religious belief in accordance with the UDHR.
4. Under full compliance with the law, defend and promote the right of all individuals to exercise freedom of religion and faith anywhere in the world, and, with due respect to the diversity of religion and thought and in compliance with international law, defend and promote the right of each individual to share their faith with others.
5. Promote unity and mutual respect between different religious denominations and between different organizations around the world, regardless of nationality, country, religion or belief.
What We Do
To achieve the above aims, ADHRRF carries out the following activities:
1. Conduct meetings, roundtable discussions, forums, lectures or interviews to promote and elevate public awareness of the aims of ADHRRF.
2. Conduct assemblies or demonstrations to promote the aims of ADHRRF in accordance with prevailing laws of the countries where the activities take place.
3. Through any legal means, compile magazines, periodicals or publications (in print, digital or electronic format), websites, electronic bulletins, blogs, and copies of audio or video, as well as use any means of dissemination and communication, especially new technological channels.
4. Arrange training courses or educational master’s programs, or co-arrange such programs with public or private organizations or individuals who share the same aims and vision as ADHRRF.
5. Engage in cultural activities and academic exchanges, including spreading the aims of ADHRRF through tertiary institutions.
6. Conduct any related activity that accords with the law and is beneficial to the development of ADHRRF.
The Association for the Defense of Human Rights and Religious Freedom does its utmost to develop a comprehensive database to promote the sharing of information and the research of religious freedom and human rights.